- States of Matter
Heat, cool and compress atoms and molecules and watch as they change between solid, liquid and gas phases.
Sample Learning Goals
- Describe characteristics of three states of matter: solid, liquid and gas.
- Predict how varying the temperature or pressure changes the behavior of particles.
- Compare particles in the three different phases.
- Explain freezing and melting with molecular level detail.
- Recognize that different substances have different properties, including melting, freezing and boiling temperatures.