Watch your solution change color as you mix chemicals with water. Then check molarity with the concentration meter. What are all the ways you can change the concentration of your solution? Switch solutes to compare different chemicals and find out how concentrated you can go before you hit saturation!
Sample Learning Goals
- Describe the relationships between volume and amount of solute to solution concentration.
- Explain how solution color and concentration are related.
- Predict how solution concentration will change for any action (or combination of actions) that adds or removes water, solute, or solution, and explain why.
- Design a procedure for creating a solution of a given concentration.
- Design and justify a procedure for changing a solution from one concentration to another.
- Identify when a solution is saturated and predict how concentration will change for any action or combination of actions where water or solute change.